Last Updated on
Today we are checking out a water-based product, LORAC’s “I’m So Sensitive” Soothing Face Primer!
Promises, promises (what are they?)The “I’m So Sensitive” Soothing Face Primer is meant for all shapes and sizes. I mean skin types. It’s supposed to be especially great for sensitive skin, which sounds really great, but does it really do its job as a primer?
Mmm… as always, it depends on what your needs are.
So LORAC describes this product as skin-perfecting, gentle and “infused” with antioxidants, vitamins and plants extracts. They say it soothes your skin, hydrates and promotes long-lasting makeup wear.
Suitable for all skin types. It’s oil-free, silicone-free, paraben-free and fragrance-free, so if you’re picky about any of these things, here’s an option for you.
BUT. What do the people say?
- Its consistency reminds you of moisturizer or a creamy jello, which also makes it really easy to apply. You don’t need to bathe in it though.
- It does work for sensitive skin, as in it doesn’t make your face feel like it’s on fire.
- It doesn’t seem to cause breakouts for most people. One reviewer did complain that the primer caused her skin to break out “within minutes”, which I personally find pretty amazing. I’d buy this product just to see that happen with my own eyes.
- Your foundation goes on smoother. It doesn’t necessarily stay on better than it would on its own.
- This primer does seem to keep your skin feeling more hydrated.
- Foundation applied on top of it does not look cakey or flakey.
- It has a smell and you may not like it.
- It probably doesn’t do anything to hide your pores. If they are large and you’re looking for some blurring effect, look elsewhere.
- It also does nothing to control oiliness.
- Not. Cheap.
Ideal for: People with dry or sensitive skin who want a basic primer that feels nice but who don’t necessarily need it to hide pores or control excessive oiliness.
- Easy to apply, like a moisturizer
- Great for sensitive skin, doesn’t burn or make you break out
- Makes the application of foundation smoother
- Does not dry out your skin
- Help makeup look less cakey
- Suitable for different skin types, although probably best for normal to dry skin
- Potentially unpleasant smell
- Doesn’t hide pores
- Not great at controlling oil
- Doesn’t help makeup last much longer
What’s your experience with the LORAC “I’m So Sensitive” Soothing Face Primer?